Friday, January 25, 2019

January of a New Year

Ambitions seem to overcome me as the new year's day rang on and rang loud inside of me.  I thought of all of what I need to be doing, then I got about doing it.  I don't think any other year has quite struck me the same way.

I ordered like crazy things to make things work.  Odd it is that today I still have not ordered my 2019 journal / calendar.  I want to remember this list but am a bit reticent to declare it.  Maybe I can simply say what I've done verses what I have planned.

In one device I can now play all my songs through speakers anywhere in my house.  And I've organized all my formal music there.  I'm slowly adding all the music I've ever written.  The device doubles as a video device to record the mastering of tai chi for the Yang style long form.  Today I can choose the composer / performer David Scott and randomly play all songs -- hey, that is me!  I can choose an Album, play list, or song to play from the various areas I have logged into iTunes.

In a simple, non-expensive device I added a studio capability that I can carry with me for studio ideas.  Mostly in the past I've simply written songs.  Now I think more in terms of working out albums in the studio.  And this studio is small, complete, portable, and battery powered.  Literally, anywhere I go -- there it is.

Stacks -- I've reorganized my life for stacks.  This simply means when I tackle an area like the study for my national license in acupuncture, there is stack for me to peruse.  So it stays active as I work on it and it always goes back into that place.  To make that happen I bought a series of book cases, put them in a hidden library room, and placed all currently-not-used books in the hidden library.  It also will make our library smaller as it becomes more of those books we want to showcase.

The mastering of the long form has been key on my list.  It is slowly popping out and I'm ready to begin recording it.  I added its constant review to my tai chi week (every other week).  The odd week off I review all of what I have learned from Mike Patterson's system to keep it fresh in my mind.  It is that backdrop that has given me the inspiration to create a new tai chi system.

In my practice I moved from writing to my patients to writing boilerplate.  Now I cut and paste for each patient what they need to hear for healing.  When it is something new, I add it to the boilerplate. That was a rough transition and took many more hours to complete.  Now it makes each session so much easier.  Out of that come A Plan for Health, specific Instructions in many areas, noted things to do with Trauma, and comments on Food, Herbs, or Supplements.  I have a section on the Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat issues.  I added boilerplate for all of the Sparrow within the Mastering Tai Chi program for the short from along with instructor notes.  That will serve as another tool for teachers of Mastering Tai Chi.

Videos to produce, on-line courses to finish, books to publish, and a practice to complete so that I can move forward all come to mind.  What a wonderful year.

There are other items but those have yet to be done like most ambitions new year lists.  I find that if I keep adding a goal on my lists, eventually it cranks out something real.  I still need to add that daily journal / calendar.  As I look at my poetry blog, I realize I could make a book out of it by adding pictures in the background.

No comments: